For those of you don't know, Kaushal Beauty, a UK-based makeup artist, is a very popular makeup blogger and instagram sensation, amongst makeup artists and makeup junkies, around the world. Surprisingly, she is a self-taught makeup artist but is a very talented one indeed, and was brought down by Sephora to host a makeup masterclass at the Beauty District this January.
Few facts & tips she shared during this masterclass:
- She likes using moisturizing primers, not mattifying primers, and worked with Marc Jacobs primer.
- Recommends the Becca Color corrector, to brighten and remove any discoloration around the mouth and under eye area.
- Foundation she used & highly recommends: Urban Decay all-nighter foundation, which gives a lot of coverage, blurs all imperfections, is fairly matte and is almost four times the coverage of Urban Decay's concealer (also great in flash photography).
- Concealed using NARS creamy concealer (in shade Custard), in a triangular shape not horizontal, and applied the same the bridge of the nose and the forehead.
- She loves blending with the Beauty Blender especially the foundation, but make sure its slightly wet. She likes to use the small beauty blender for under the eyes area and any other small corners.
- Set the face with yellow toned powder from the KAT VON D Shade and Light palette.
- For contouring, she recommended to use bronzer first and then the contour powder.
- TOP TIP: Spray the Urban Decay all-nighter makeup setting spray on the beauty blender, and dab all over the face to look the foundation in for a long time.
- Blush she loves using are in mauve tones, especially one like Sephora's "Shame on You" blush shade.
- To highlight, she used the Becca powder over the cheeks using a fan brush, not a regular powder brush.
- For the eyebrows, she used the brow wiz by Anastasia Beverly Hills, and then went over with the clear brow gel also from Anastasia Beverly Hills.
- Eye prep: primed with the waterproof eyeshadow stick by Sephora and its called the colorful shadow and liner. Went over to set eyelids with a yellow-toned powder. This actually makes the eyeshadow longer-lasting! (pictured below)
- Eye makeup: Used Mario's palette on the eyes, along with the Cinescope mascara by Sephora (For volume, brand new at Sephora Dubai! pictured below)
- TOP TIP: She likes to apply mascara before putting false lashes so that the lashes last longer, and you can re-use them multiple times without spoiling them.
- Lips: Liquid lipstick by Kat Von D in Lolita 2 which is a stunning nude brown shade. She didn't use any lip pencil.
- Finally, set the makeup again with Urban Decay's makeup setting spray.
- TOP TIP: She likes to spray a few layers of setting spray throughout the makeup to really ensure that everything stays in place.